MEWP Demonstrator Training£CALL
About this course
This course trains a demonstrator to familiarise operators with their responsibilities and to demonstrate pre-operational and safe operating procedures, and the limitations of MEWPs.
Successful delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and best practice on a range of MEWPs and be able to carry out a pre-use inspection and most importantly use them safely, in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions.
The course agenda includes:
- Introduction to IPAF and MEWPs
- Health & Safety legislation & regulations
- Limitations and use of mobile elevating work platforms
- Identifying controls, safety devices and warning alarms
- Daily and routine inspection and servicing requirements
- Setting up in preparation for work
- Ground and site conditions
- Safe operating techniques
- Emergency lowering procedures
- Manufactures instruction manuals
- Different hire terms and conditions
- The use of fall arrest equipment
- Multiple choice test paper
- Practical demonstrating test
You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area on 01236 435 942
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at delegates who are or will be responsible for familiarising operators to use any MEWP, for which the demonstrator holds the appropriate licence.
Similarly, since the inspection, operation and use of MEWP’s can be physically demanding, users should be physically fit and in good health and should, generally, not have problems with eyesight or hearing, heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, fear of heights, vertigo, giddiness, difficulty with balance, impaired limb function, alcohol or drug dependence or psychiatric illness.
If you have any problems with literacy or language comprehension, or have any doubts about your fitness to use an MEWP, you must bring them to the attention of your employer. This need not preclude you from using MEWPs, provided your employer conducts an assessment and is able to put into place adequate measures, to take account of any difficulties you may have.
Those who successful complete both theory and practical sessions will receive an IPAF Certificate and PAL Card that are valid for a period of 5 years.